Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Tondreau Headed to WVU

(Susan) Well, it's official: my niece Ellie, oldest child of my brother Chip and sister-in-law Linda Cordavana has officially graduated from Paul VI Catholic HS in northern VA -- and will be headed off to WVU in the fall. My brother, a long-time closeted WVU fan (suppressed due to his being a VA Tech grad) now has a legitimate reason to order WVU paraphernalia and sing the WV fight song ad nausium - which he did several times yesterday at my niece's graduation party. Of course my sister Lisa and I helped round out the chorus. So, congrats Ellie, and GO MOUNTAINEERS! In addition to attending Ellie's graduation, my sister Lisa and I took a spin on the C&O Rail Trail where I had a grim reminder of why it's a bad idea for me to ride a boy's bicycle. We also got to catch my niece Alexis' ice hockey game -- and will stick around tomorrow for to watch her softball playoffs. Then it's off to Pearisburg, VA where we'll get this party started. Thanks to all the folks who sent us emails of encouragement in response to my email about getting on trail again. Comments ranged from "wouldn't it be easier to drive" (good tip, Fred) to "Sometimes when I dream at night, I dream that I'm you and living the good life." Yeh, we think it's the good life too-although rain is forcasted for our first 2 days on the trail so maybe we'll be re-evaluating that soon.

No comments: