Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 88; Mon July 23 2007

(Stud) Today was all ridge walking--and thankfully, with exception of the beginning of the day--under at least partial shade.

The left shin is much better, but the right one is still swollen and painful. Toward the end of the day, when all the benefits of the ibuprofin had worn off, I was back to hobbling down the trail at snails pace. We were in a downhill stretch then and even though the grade was minor and the terrain good, I resorted to walking downhill backward to get relief from the pain.

It was hot, hot, hot today. Even the breeze blew hot air. We did pass a fair amount of water today, and I twice soaked my shins in ice cold water. That was nice.

I passed up the last opportunity of the day to get water and that was stupid. Didn't feel like carrying it up hill, and for that I got a dry dinner and left both Dwight (since he shared what he had left) and I thirsty at days end.

No comments: