Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 7: Thur, May 4

(Stud) We spent most of the day at the Warner Springs Resort. What a great trail stop. The resort is a complex of small adobe structures--some of which date back to the 1830's. Most of the building are small abobe duplexes that serve as the guest rooms. Our room wasn't fancy, but it was charming.

we spent the day eating, then sitting in the mineral springs pool. When I arrived at the pools, it was just me and and a handfull of Japanese tourists. The sound system was playing soothing Asian music. Since I didn't have a bathing suit I was improvising--and I had a feeling the Japenese folks were saying amongst themselves, "What is that white lady doing out here in her underwear?". Well, it was worth it.

While sitting in the pool, I finished sewing a small ditty bag for my toileties. Then it was off to eat again. Later Dwight and I walked around the beautful grounds taking pictures of various buildings, then more eating... We also visited the small adobe St Francis Catholic Church built in 1830. They still have one mass here on Sundays.

We finally mosied back to the trail around 5pm, and hiked about 5 miles to Agua Caliente Creek. I have a cold but Lesslie has fixed me up with a Benedryl, 1000 mg of vitamin C and some tea tree oil for my nose to help clear my sinuses. Moral of the story: if you're going light weight with you gear et al, be sure and travel with someone who isn't.

No comments: