Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Stand arms extended, palms up.

(Dr Bug) This is what the TSA agent says before a full body search--"Stand with your arms extended, palms facing upward." I do my best to look like anything but a terrorist, but airport security still finds a reason to violate my personal space. The metal detection wand was sensitive to zippers. I was wearing convertible hiking pants (zippers, now, in the most inconvenient places). The wand got very excited. We were fortunate to arrive at the airport early. I was praying I wasn't directed to enter 'the booth'. The booth is a wind tunnel in a telephone booth. It is used to detect gas from explosive material. You see, we had mexican last night and there was the potential for flashing signals and explanations that no one wanted. Lucky for me, I passed the wand test. 'Excessive zippers' is not an act of terrorism. This TSA agent was a perfect gentleman. (I promised to keep in touch). After a 3 hour delay in Charlotte, due to severe storms and tornadoes in Dallas where we're connecting, we've just found out our flight has been cancelled. So Southern California will wait another day.

No comments: